High blood pressure greatly increases your risk of heart disease, cardiovascular disease, and many other health problems. If you are eager to knock a few years off your life then one way to do this would be by having high blood pressure. There are hereditary factors that make some people more prone to this problem than others, but there is also a lot we can do ourselves to ensure that our blood pressure is through the roof. They call hypertension (the fancy word for high blood pressure) a silent killer because we tend to suffer the consequences of this without even noticing it.
So How Do You Develop High Blood Pressure?
Here are a few tips to greatly increase your chances of developing high blood pressure. Just implementing a few of these changes should mean that you will have a future of many health problems to look forward to.
- Eat plenty of salt. The good news is that most of us do this anyway and this helps accounts for the epidemic levels of hypertension in society. If we are using more than 5.8 grams of salt per day we are on the royal path to hypertension. We don’t even have to add more salt to our food because if we eat plenty of processed food we are almost certainly consuming more than 5.8 grams already.
- Obesity has been shown to be related to high blood pressure. This means that piling on the pounds are going should mean that your BP measurements should start to get impressively high. The other great thing about obesity is that it makes you unhealthy in so many ways that an early death seems almost inevitable.
- A sedentary lifestyle is also something that has been shown to increase your risk of hypertension. If you spend more than six hours a day sitting down you will be inviting all sorts of health problems into your life including hypertension. These days a lot of us have a job that involves plenty of sitting so we have already put the welcome mat out for the silent killer.
- Drinking a lot of alcohol has been linked to high blood pressure so you will want to be doing plenty of this. Not only will abusing alcohol make it more likely that you will experience hypertension but it should also help destroy your liver and pancreas.
- Avoid vitamin D like it is poison. It has been shown that a lack of Vitamin D in your diet will increase your chances of high blood pressure so you will certainly want to make sure that you avoid this nutrient.
- Smoking might not lead directly to hypertension but it certainly is a great addition to an unhealthy lifestyle; thus insuring that your high blood pressure has a greater impact on your health.
So there you have some of the things you can do to encourage high blood pressure. Of course if you don’t want to die sooner than would be expected just do the opposite of what has been suggested here.